Ready your gravy boats, fellow Texans; Tomorrow – Friday, October 26 – is Texas Chicken Fried Steak Day. This culinary holiday honors one of the most famed dishes in the Lone Star State, and in celebration of Texas Chicken Fried Steak Day, different restaurants across the state are offering chicken fried steak specials and meat-centric festivities. Last year, Jeffrey Yarbrough, bigInk PR CEO and Texas Chicken Fried Steak Day Founder, worked to have October 26 officially recognized as Texas Chicken Fried Steak Day. On May 30, 2011, State Representative Ralph Sheffield, Speaker of the House Joe Straus, and Chief Clerk Robert Haney signed the fried fare resolution, officially proclaiming October 26 as Texas Chicken Fried Steak Day. We’re fans of fried beefsteaks at TEXAS MONTHLY, so I decided to recognize the best chicken fried steak creations in Dallas, Houston, and Austin. I’ll announce the honorees tomorrow, but for more information on Texas Chicken Fried Steak Day, check out the holiday’s Facebook page.
- The Best New Restaurants in Texas for 2020
- The One-Time Girlfriend of One of Mexico’s Most Notorious Drug Lords Returns to the Border to Offer Tours
- Meet the Unruly Clan That Once Ruled the Hill Country
- The Dallas Gym That Time Forgot
- Dayne’s Craft Barbecue’s “Bacon Brisket” and Sausages Are Worth the Wait