(Click on the images for full-size. For captions, click Row 1, L-R – Just another ho-hum creation from Uchiko pastry chef Phillip Speer. Carrot cake soup (which starts out frozen) inside of a white chocolate egg. Made with egg molds from Hobby Lobby! – Perini Ranch Steakhouse, representing with our cover – Ken Forrester Wines on the arm of attendee @la_florita Row 2 – Sous vide wild boar chili from Haven, Houston – Wild mushroom chocolate truffles with cedar smoked cotton candy from Dude, Sweet Chocolate, Dallas. – 5-star chef David Bull (Congress) amidst streaky nighttime light Row 3 – Composed oysters, from Perla’s, Austin – Baby basil and pomegranate, pre-composing – The evening’s best dish, as selected by TM’s Pat Sharpe and other judges. Lemon basil panna cotta from Josh Watkins of Carillon, Austin
Food & Drink Newsletter
Eat and imbibe like a Texan with reviews, recipes, news, and more.
- ‘How Can They Expect Peace When They Won’t Give Us Peace’: A Weekend of Demonstrations in Dallas Over Police Killings
- Priya Krishna’s Quarantine Journal, Entry No. 14: Savoring Time With the Parents
- The Houston Years of George Floyd
- Texas Monthly Recommends: Making a Backyard Water Park
- At Zoli’s, Smoked Brisket Lasagna Is a Revelation