I think Texas Monthly needs to send me to the Truffle Festival in Eugene, Oregon. Never mind it’s totally for my own benefit and enjoyment. Ohmigod, theyre having truffle dinners (but of course), truffle cooking classes with hubba-hubba chefs, and book signings. Plus, you’re in OREGON! Listen to what they’re serving at the Grand Dinner: black truffle cauliflower polonaise and a salt-cured egg; kampachi with shaved white truffles; rabbit and black-truffle sponakopita, prosciutto, and arugula; black-truffle boudin blanc and a confit of white-truffle fingerling potatoes; and a fabulous truffle mignardise plate. It’s Jan. 30 thru Feb 1.
Food & Drink Newsletter
Eat and imbibe like a Texan with reviews, recipes, news, and more.
- How the Pandemic Turned Brené Brown Into America’s Therapist
- How King Ranch Casserole Has Ruled During the Pandemic
- The West Texas Basketball Tournament at the Center of a Coronavirus Outbreak
- At Zoli’s, Smoked Brisket Lasagna Is a Revelation
- Aaron Franklin Will Be the Next Texan to Join the Barbecue Hall of Fame