Will Uchiko’s Paul Qui be the big winner on the season nine finale of Top Chef: Texas this Wednesday, February 29? Or will he be the big loser? Keep your fingers crossed for our Austin boy. If you want to really get in the mood, drop by either Uchi or Uchiko to follow the show live. Chef-owner Tyson cole will host a viewing party at Uchiko at 9 p.m. TVs in the restaurant will carry the show and it will also be projected on the patio. If you can’t make it then, catch the rebroadcast at 10:30 during extended hours at Uchiko. To keep everyone’s spirits up, they will offer the Sake Social menu at both showings (as well as the regular menu during the 9 p.m. broadcast). Should Uchi be closer to where you live, no worries. That location will have its regular Top Chef: Texas viewing party at 9, shown on the outdoor projector, with the Sake Social menu served on the patio. (No rebroadcast at Uchi, however.) Alas, Paul will not be in attendance at any of the showings. And the press release didn’t say why, in case you wondered. UPDATE: As of Tuesday there are no tables left at Uchiko but you’re invited to come have a drink at the bar.
- Inside the Story of How H-E-B Planned for the Pandemic
- Joe Exotic: A Dark Journey Into the World of a Man Gone Wild
- Greg Abbott Promised to Get Masks for Texas. Many Doctors Say They Are Still Facing Shortages.
- U.S. Hospitals Have a Ventilator Shortage. A Team of Rice Engineers Say They Have a Solution.
- Texas Anti-Vaxxers Fear Mandatory COVID-19 Vaccines More Than the Virus Itself