Sharon Hage, the chef-owner of York Street, one of the smallest, yet most celebrated, restaurants in Dallas, is closing it on Saturday. Food writer Teresa Gubbins broke the news on the web site Pegasus News about an hour and a half ago. Gubbins wrote that Hage told she was just taking a break. “I’m closing after Saturday,” said Hage, “and I have no plans for the immediate future. It’s just a personal thing.” Hage has been nominated many times in the “Best Chef–Southwest” division of the prestigious James Beard Foundation restaurant awards and was included in Gourmet magazine’s list of the top fifty restaurants in the country. I don’t know this for sure, but I’d kinda guess it’s too late to make reservations for a final dinner at the minuscule dining room.
- Hollywood, Texas: Kanye West Takes Joel Osteen to Church
- A Farewell to Dairy Queens
- Inside the Death Row Case That Has Everyone From Ted Cruz to Kim Kardashian Speaking Out
- Convicted of Murder at Age 12, Edwin Debrow Finally Walks Free
- The Suncoast Motion Picture Company’s Last Stand Is Happening in Southeast Texas