Sharon Hage, the chef-owner of York Street, one of the smallest, yet most celebrated, restaurants in Dallas, is closing it on Saturday. Food writer Teresa Gubbins broke the news on the web site Pegasus News about an hour and a half ago. Gubbins wrote that Hage told she was just taking a break. “I’m closing after Saturday,” said Hage, “and I have no plans for the immediate future. It’s just a personal thing.” Hage has been nominated many times in the “Best Chef–Southwest” division of the prestigious James Beard Foundation restaurant awards and was included in Gourmet magazine’s list of the top fifty restaurants in the country. I don’t know this for sure, but I’d kinda guess it’s too late to make reservations for a final dinner at the minuscule dining room.
Food & Drink Newsletter
Eat and imbibe like a Texan with reviews, recipes, news, and more.
- Taco of the Week: Weenies and Eggs at Los Muertos BBQ
- “If People Want to Take a Chance, It’s Their Prerogative”: Inside One Bar on the First Day of Reopening
- Dallas-Area High School Seniors Cope With a Semester—and Rites of Passage—Cut Short
- How Houston’s Museum of Fine Arts Planned Its Reopening
- José Ralat Believes the Taco Is Pandemic-Proof