My good friends at Fino, Lisa and Emmett Fox, have fully embraced the cocktail craze. They’ve persuaded their chef at Fino, Jason Donoho,and mixologist Bill Norris to whip up a four-course dinner with courses matched to cocktails. Throughout the meal, Jason and Bill will discuss the philosophy behind the pairings. A couple of seats are left at $100 per person. So stimulate the economy and yourself. It’s this Wednesday at 7 at Fino, 2900 San Gabriel, Austin. Reply to [email protected] Or see the “chef’s table series” on the web site, www.astiaustin.com.
Food & Drink Newsletter
Our best recipes and favorite places to eat.
- With Theaters Closed, Austin Thespians Embrace Audio Dramas, Drive-through Musicals, and Plays by Mail By Trey Gutierrez
- Cabo San Doofus: Why Did Steve Adler Think It Was a Good Idea to Go to Mexico? By Dan Solomon
- The JNL Trailer Serves Up Old-school Barbecue and Community Spirit By Daniel Vaughn
- Jerry Jeff Walker, a Trailblazer of the Cosmic Cowboy Sound, Dies at 78 By John T. Davis
- Taco News Roundup: Feast on Barbacoa in San Antonio and North Texas By José R. Ralat