Austin folks, if you’re not out running around naked in the rain (hallelujah!) this Saturday, you could do a lot worse than check out the Asia Food Fest at the Texas Culinary Academy. It’s really fun, with a ton of activities including an Iron Chef-style contest (full disclosure: I’m one of the judges); an Asian marketplace; cooking demonstrations; a sake tasting; and more. A lot is free, some events cost a nominal amount, for instance $10 for the sake tasting. Here’s a link for tickets and more info.
Food & Drink Newsletter
Eat and imbibe like a Texan with reviews, recipes, news, and more.
- “If People Want to Take a Chance, It’s Their Prerogative”: Inside One Bar on the First Day of Reopening
- Dallas-Area High School Seniors Cope With a Semester—and Rites of Passage—Cut Short
- How Houston’s Museum of Fine Arts Planned Its Reopening
- José Ralat Believes the Taco Is Pandemic-Proof
- Priya Krishna’s Quarantine Journal, Entry No. 12: Our DIY Graduation Ceremony