Well, since the Food Network sent Guy Fieri (of Diners, Drive-ins, and Dives) to Dallas to check out the Twisted Root Burger Company, I had to go too (seeing as how I was in town anyway). Good thing I got there at 7, because the line was to the door. It was mostly students, a few geezer types, everybody happy, the place jumping. Got the green-chile & guacamole burger, which I thought needed salt (easy to remedy). Man, it was like mainlining beef. I won’t need protein for a week. The sweet potato chips, dusted with sugar and cinnamon, are twisted, for sure. Fun place to visit.
Food & Drink Newsletter
Eat and imbibe like a Texan with reviews, recipes, news, and more.
- How the Pandemic Turned Brené Brown Into America’s Therapist
- The West Texas Basketball Tournament at the Center of a Coronavirus Outbreak
- How King Ranch Casserole Has Ruled During the Pandemic
- More Colorful Texas Sayings Than You Can Shake a Stick At
- Aaron Franklin Will Be the Next Texan to Join the Barbecue Hall of Fame