Austin diners will be devastated: Mark Schmidt (formerly of Cafe 909 in Marble Falls), has left his gig at Annie’s (formerly Apple Annie’s). Man, that didn’t last long. And it seemed like such a perfect match. I’ve asked what the deal is, haven’t had time to hear back yet.
Food & Drink Newsletter
Eat and imbibe like a Texan with reviews, recipes, news, and more.
- The Houston Years of George Floyd
- “I Can’t Believe This Is America”: On the Front Lines With the Volunteers Tending to Austin’s Injured Protesters
- In Amarillo, a Mexican Restaurant Named ‘Big Beaners’ Provokes Controversy
- What Exactly Does the New York Times Think the Alamo Is?
- How King Ranch Casserole Has Ruled During the Pandemic
- The Hero Myth of Houston Police Chief Art Acevedo
- San Antonio Colonial Tortilla Factory Keeps the Ancient Craft of Tortilla-Making Alive
- Southwest Airlines CEO Gary Kelly Yearns for the Days When We Argued About Reclining Seats
- “We Can’t Rely on the Systems That Everybody Else Relies On”: Trans Texans Struggle With Health Care Access During COVID-19
- A New Texas COVID-19 Tracker Offers a Ton of Useful Information