I know: There are more “restaurant weeks” than you can shake a stick at. But the one that’s coming up, sponsored by the Texas Department of Agriculture’s “Go Texan” program, is an especially good one because it benefits local food banks. It’s happening Sept. 28 through Oct. 2 in all the major cities and many smaller ones across the state. Participating restaurants will have special fixed-price meals or special courses featuring Texas food products and wines. So if you’re going to dine out anyway, please click on this link and look for a participating restaurant. Might as well help out the hungry while you’re supporting Texas farmers and ranchers and enjoying yourself. That’s win-win-win if I ever heard it. (Pictured is chef Joe Welch at Kerbey Lane Cafes in Austin, a Go Texan restaurant ambassador.)
Food & Drink Newsletter
Eat and imbibe like a Texan with reviews, recipes, news, and more.
- “I Can’t Believe This Is America”: On the Front Lines With the Volunteers Tending to Austin’s Injured Protesters
- ‘How Can They Expect Peace When They Won’t Give Us Peace’: A Weekend of Demonstrations in Dallas Over Police Killings
- Priya Krishna’s Quarantine Journal, Entry No. 14: Savoring Time With the Parents
- The Houston Years of George Floyd
- Texas Monthly Recommends: Making a Backyard Water Park