I know: There are more “restaurant weeks” than you can shake a stick at. But the one that’s coming up, sponsored by the Texas Department of Agriculture’s “Go Texan” program, is an especially good one because it benefits local food banks. It’s happening Sept. 28 through Oct. 2 in all the major cities and many smaller ones across the state. Participating restaurants will have special fixed-price meals or special courses featuring Texas food products and wines. So if you’re going to dine out anyway, please click on this link and look for a participating restaurant. Might as well help out the hungry while you’re supporting Texas farmers and ranchers and enjoying yourself. That’s win-win-win if I ever heard it. (Pictured is chef Joe Welch at Kerbey Lane Cafes in Austin, a Go Texan restaurant ambassador.)
- Meet the Unruly Clan That Once Ruled the Hill Country
- Damn, It Feels Good to Be a Councilman
- Put Texas and Texas A&M in the Academy Sports and Outdoors Texas Bowl, You Cowards
- The Only Texas Chili Recipe You’ll Ever Need
- Who Gets to Live and Die When the State Relies on False Testimony in Death Penalty Cases?