- A Corpus Christi real estate mogul proposed to his girlfriend at a fancy New York bar by ordering her a $10,000 martini that included three olives and a diamond ring.
- Bella, a calico, was named the Alamo’s latest “cat custodian.”
- In a letter to Austin’s Rogness Brewing Company, a San Marcos man detailed how its beer saved his life during the Wimberley floods.
- A 92-year-old Dallas woman officially adopted the 76-year-old woman she began raising in 1950.
- A Houston woman died in a car crash while chasing her husband and his girlfriend.
The Washington Post reported that Texas is the state where people are most likely to be killed by an animal.
- A grand jury declined to indict a Brenham veterinarian who bragged on Facebook that she used a bow and arrow to kill a stray cat that she believed to be feral.
- Students at a Seguin Catholic school engaged in a group prayer for the quick return of Blue Bell Ice Cream.
- Governor Greg Abbott signed legislation making the cowboy hat the official state hat and “the Lone Star State” the official nickname of Texas.