Meanwhile, in Texas . . .
Some crazy stuff went down in Texas in the past thirty days. Here are some of the headlines you may have missed.
- A Dallas high school student was briefly suspended for wearing an American flag T-shirt.
- Game wardens searching for the proprietors of a Delta County marijuana farm were disrupted by Bigfoot enthusiasts hunting the creature in nearby woods.
- Twenty tons of pork burned after the truck transporting the meat caught fire outside Boerne.
- Reilly Fox, a junior at Fort Worth’s R.L. Paschal High School, scored three extra points in her debut as the varsity football team’s kicker.
- A Troup woman wrote a Facebook post requesting that someone “come shoot my dog” after it kept getting into the garbage.
- A Texas State student who had been stripped of her driver’s license for suspicion of DWI received national attention for getting around campus in a battery-powered Barbie Jeep.
- An Odessa Boys and Girls Club ran into trouble after a group rented its facility for an adult clothing-optional pajama party.
- Police in Waco discovered that a woman they had arrested for possession of methamphetamines had also hidden a .22-caliber gun in her private parts.
- Larry McMurtry was awarded a National Medal of Arts.
- A Houston high school student was sent home for wearing a “Black Lives Matter” T-shirt.