When Rick Perry steps down from office on January 20, he will have not only served longer than any other governor in Texas history but also presided over a profoundly transformative era, when the state’s population and economy boomed and our demographics radically shifted. Here’s a snapshot look at the Texas Rick Perry inherited—and the one he leaves behind.
- Meet the Unruly Clan That Once Ruled the Hill Country
- Damn, It Feels Good to Be a Councilman
- Put Texas and Texas A&M in the Academy Sports and Outdoors Texas Bowl, You Cowards
- The Only Texas Chili Recipe You’ll Ever Need
- Who Gets to Live and Die When the State Relies on False Testimony in Death Penalty Cases?