The grill is the perfect place to round out the menu because practically anything that you can cook indoors, you can cook outdoors. Cut squash and potatoes lengthwise for grillable pieces that you can serve whole or cut after they’re cooked through. Whip up smoky green beans and asparagus by using grill racks or baskets. Or create veggie kabobs on bamboo or stainless-steel skewers with chunks of pepper, mushrooms and even radishes. Fruit sweetness and flavors are intensified by the caramelizing heat of the grill. Slice fruit like pineapple in long pieces for easy handling or use grill grids with narrow openings that allow heat in but keep smaller pieces contained.
Grilled Pineapple Feta Relish
Prep Time: 1o minutes
Cook Time: 3o minutes
1/2 pineapple, cut into planks (about 8 oz.)
1 ear of corn
1 medium red onion, cut into slices
4 tbsp. olive oil, divided use
1 avocado, diced
2 oz. feta cheese, crumbled
2 Tbsp. lime juice
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat.
- Lightly brush pineapple planks, ear of corn, and sliced onion with 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Grill pineapple, corn, and onion for 2 to 3 minutes per side or until nicely charred. Remove from grill and set aside.
- Meanwhile, dice the avocado and combine feta cheese in a small bowl with remaining olive oil and lime juice.
- Once corn, pineapple, and onion are cool enough to handle, carefully remove corn from the cob and roughly chop the onion and pineapple. Add to the bowl and mix to combine.
- Serve room temp or cold with chips or as a topping for tacos.
More recipes, like Grilled Mexican Street Corn, can be found at heb.com