Picture this: you’ve just woken up to a brand new year. The birds are singing, the winter air is crisp, there are 366 days of possibilities ahead of you, and you feel like you’ve been hit by an F-150.
It’s not an ideal start to the new year, new you—but that’s the price of drinking alcohol served in flutes. Lucky for you, we’ve got a tried-and-true remedy that’ll perk up even the worst morning-after. All you’ll need is a bottle of Garrison Brothers and a few ingredients you might already have on hand. Without further ado, here’s hair of the dog, 3 ways:
Bourbon Eggs Benedict
Yield: 8 Servings
- 1⁄4 Cup Garrison Brothers Small Batch Bourbon
- 1⁄2 Cup Butter
- 4 Each Egg Yolks
- 1 1⁄2 Tbsp. Lemon Juice
- 1⁄2 Cup Heavy Cream
- 2 tsp. Dijon Mustard
- TT Salt
- 6 Each English Muffins, Halved and Toasted
- 12 Oz. Beef Tenderloin, Cooked and Sliced
- 12 Each Asparagus, Oven-Roasted
- 12 Each Large Eggs, Poached
- Place the butter in a bowl and microwave for 30 seconds, or until melted, then let it cool to room temperature for a few minutes.
- Whisk in the egg yolks, lemon juice, and heavy cream, then return to the microwave for 2 minutes while whisking every 20 seconds.
- Once the mixture is done in the microwave, whisk in Garrison Brothers Small Batch Bourbon, Dijon mustard, and salt.
- Use within an hour or refrigerate for later use.
- 5. Place each English muffin on a plate and top each half with beef tenderloin, one spear of asparagus, a poached egg and hollandaise sauce.
Bourbon Maple Sausage
Yield: 8 Servings
- 2 Tbsp. Garrison Brothers Small Batch Bourbon
- 1/4 cup Water
- 16 Sausage Links
- 2 Tbsp. Orange Marmalade
- 2 Tbsp. Maple Syrup
- 1 Tbsp. Butter
- Heat large skillet over medium-high heat filled with the 1/4 cup of water.
- Add in the sausage links and cook for about 6 minutes or until the water evaporates.
- Add in the orange marmalade, maple syrup and butter and cook for another minute.
- Stir in Garrison Brothers Small Batch Bourbon and remove from heat.
- 1.5 oz. Garrison Brothers Small Batch Bourbon
- .75 oz. Fresh Orange Juice
- .25 oz. Dark Maple Syrup
- Rosemary Sprig
Ignite and extinguish the rosemary sprig and line a martini glass. Give all other ingredients a long stir over a large ice cube in a mixing glass. Strain ingredients into a martini glass with the rosemary sprig.