Hibiscus Margarita with Hibiscus Salt
Prep Time: 30 minutes
24 fl oz El Guitarron Agave Wine
1 Hatch pepper, cut in half
1 cup Hibiscus Flowers, divided use
4 Tbsp coarse kosher salt
4 Tbsp sugar
10 fl oz Mi Tienda Hibiscus Agua Fresca, chilled
2 limes, zested and juiced
- Place agave wine in a resealable container along with half of the hibiscus flowers and Hatch pepper. Cover and refrigerate until chilled.
- Using a blender, pulse remaining hibiscus until ground, then transfer to a strainer and sift out larger pieces and discard. Add the lime zest and set aside.
- To make the rim salt, add salt, sugar, ground hibiscus, and lime zest to a small bowl and combine.
- Dredge the rim of a glass in light corn syrup or lime juice and dip in the salt. Place in the freezer.
- In a large pitcher combine the agave wine, the agua fresca, and lime juice together and mix well.
- Fill the rimmed glasses with ice, cover with punch, and serve.
Chef’s Note: Salt can be stored and used as a regular seasoning.