Roasted Spatchcock Turkey with Mignonette Butter
Prep Time: 8 hours 20 minutes
Cook Time: 3 hours 30 minutes
16 lbs. fresh turkey, spine cut out and turkey pressed flat to spatchcock
8 oz. unsalted butter softened at room temperature
⅓ cup shallots, minced fine
4 tsp. red wine vinegar
- Place turkey on a sheet pan fitted with wire rack. Season liberally with salt and pepper on both sides of turkey.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 8 hours or overnight to allow turkey to absorb seasoning.
- For cooking, preheat oven to 400°F. Allow turkey to sit at room temperature while oven preheats.
- While oven is preheating, make mignonette butter by combining butter, shallots, and red wine vinegar together, mix until well combined.
- Season butter to taste and set aside. Leave at room temperature for later use, refrigerate after using, and keep for up to a week in fridge.
- Place turkey into oven and roast for 1 hour and 15 minutes. Rotate turkey in oven and turn down heat to 350°F, then cook an additional 45 minutes.
- Rotate once more and cook 15 to 30 more minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165°F.
- Remove from oven once temp is reached and allow to rest for at least20 minutes before carving. Serve with a little butter over each slice as needed.
- Roaster with Rack
- Flavor Injector
- Carving Board
- Cheese Cloth
- Basting Brush
- K&T Copper Pan
- Carving Knives
- Texas Tough Disposable Containers
- K&T Copper Quarter Sheet Pan
Brought to you by: