Every icon has an origin story. Initially designed as a staple that could withstand the work of ranch hands and rodeo cowboys in 1947, Wrangler denim soon became a revolutionary style move for the icons. By the early 60s, America had officially become a superpower, and everyone wanted to emulate it. Its simple functionality and outlaw appeal made Wrangler a natural choice for artists, musicians, and actors always looking to set trends and blaze new trails. To celebrate this authentic attitude and era-defining style, Wrangler introduces its ICONS Collection of jeans, shirts, and jackets for a generation who will create and be part of the iconic moments of today.
“From rockers to free spirits, artists to outlaws, in the rodeo and on the street, Wrangler has outfitted those who live by their own rules and refuse to be defined,” said Jenni Broyles, Vice President/General Manager Wrangler, Modern Lifestyle. “The Icons Collection captures the essence of the stars that created an era of groundbreaking music, culture and style and combines it with the hottest trends in denim today.”
Six iconic denim styles, steeped in heritage and forever linked to the 70-year Wrangler journey, have been re-issued and re-styled for the modern world. The definitive, cult icons are available in five different stages of wear and fade to give the collection its unique edge (new, six month, one year, two year and three year):
● STAGE 1 New: Denim comes in crisp, rich, and, dark straight from the mill.
● STAGE 2 Six month: Lighter color, crisp without fade patters this look comes from wearing and washing raw denim.
● STAGE 3 One year: Darker fade patterns recall a year of wear while keeping to the denim connoisseur’s trend for rarely washing jeans.
● STAGE 4 Two year: The lighter less contrasted look of faded denim that comes from two years of wearing and washing regularly.
● STAGE 5 Three year: In line with the evolution of the “no wash” trend this denim recreates the look of a jean that has been washed only a handful of times with authentic fade patterns.