Nestled between highways 114 and 35, beautiful, historic Roanoke is the perfect stop on your Texas summer road trip. The city of Roanoke is located three miles from the Texas Motor Speedway, and minutes from DFW and Alliance Airports. Named “The Unique Dining Capital of Texas” by the Texas State Legislature, Roanoke boasts more than 60 dining options and welcomes thousands of visitors each week.
After you have eaten some of the best food in Texas, visit one of Roanoke’s many retailers and enjoy unique shopping options. Roanoke’s history dates back to 1881. The Roanoke Visitor Center & Museum offers insight into the unique history of Roanoke and surrounding areas. The museum offers a scavenger hunt, which will highlight a few of the area historic landmarks and allow you to see and experience a rich and dynamic history. Other fun and free opportunities include Roanoke’s nine beautiful parks with several splash pads, a 38,000 square-foot recreation facility, a state of the art library, and a gorgeous, newly built City Hall.
Roanoke hosts several free, family-friendly, award-winning events each year. Events include:
- February: Family Valentines Dance
- March: Fishing in the Park
- April–September (each Saturday for 26 weeks): Farmers Market
- April: Eggapalooza
- April 13–June 22 (every other Thursday): Evenings on Oak Street Concert Series
- May: Roanoke Roundup
- May: Family Movie Night
- July 3: All American Fireworks & Festival
- August: Family Movie Night
- October: Celebrate Roanoke
- November: Veteran’s Day Parade
- December: Roanoke’s Hometown Holiday
- December: First Responder’s Breakfast with Santa
Roanoke has seamlessly blended historic, small-town charm with all the amenities of a vibrant big city. Plan your summer travel to Roanoke, the Unique Dining Capital of Texas!