The letter-sweater-wearing, pom-pom-shaking, pep-rally-leading girl next door has been a beloved Texas icon for generations. So why do so many people today— lawmakers and lawyers, preachers and feminists—think cheerleading is the root, root, root of all evil?
News & Politics
- Schlitterbahn’s Tragic Slide
- First Look: Austin’s Most Anticipated Grand Hotel
- What I Learned as a Young Black Political Speaker in Liberal White Austin
- What Pandemic? Houstonians Party, Shop, and Ice-skate as COVID-19 Surges.
- The COVID-Related Death of a Local Republican Official Points to the Risks of an In-Person Texas GOP Convention