In the Gulf Coast town of Santa Fe, high school football games had always kicked off with a prayer, but in June the U.S. Supreme Court ruled that the practice violated the separation of church and state. Now the issuewhich has turned neighbor against neighbor and provoked some decidedly un-Christian behavior has grown from a local controversy into a national one.
TM This Week
- 13 Curses to Mutter Against Ted Cruz While You Boil Snow to Drink
- What Went Wrong With Texas’s Main Electric Grid and Could It Have Been Prevented?
- El Paso Heeded the Warnings and Avoided a Winter Catastrophe
- The Texas Blackout Is the Story of a Disaster Foretold
- The Winter Storm, in Photos: How Texans Are Surviving the Historic Freeze