In the Gulf Coast town of Santa Fe, high school football games had always kicked off with a prayer, but in June the U.S. Supreme Court ruled that the practice violated the separation of church and state. Now the issuewhich has turned neighbor against neighbor and provoked some decidedly un-Christian behavior has grown from a local controversy into a national one.
Never Miss a Story
- Inside the Story of How H-E-B Planned for the Pandemic
- Joe Exotic: A Dark Journey Into the World of a Man Gone Wild
- U.S. Hospitals Have a Ventilator Shortage. A Team of Rice Engineers Say They Have a Solution.
- Texas Anti-Vaxxers Fear Mandatory COVID-19 Vaccines More Than the Virus Itself
- Greg Abbott Promised to Get Masks for Texas. Many Doctors Say They Are Still Facing Shortages.