In the Gulf Coast town of Santa Fe, high school football games had always kicked off with a prayer, but in June the U.S. Supreme Court ruled that the practice violated the separation of church and state. Now the issuewhich has turned neighbor against neighbor and provoked some decidedly un-Christian behavior has grown from a local controversy into a national one.
You'll Love Our Emails
- Schlitterbahn’s Tragic Slide
- First Look: Austin’s Most Anticipated Grand Hotel
- What I Learned as a Young Black Political Speaker in Liberal White Austin
- What Pandemic? Houstonians Party, Shop, and Ice-skate as COVID-19 Surges.
- The COVID-Related Death of a Local Republican Official Points to the Risks of an In-Person Texas GOP Convention