In the Gulf Coast town of Santa Fe, high school football games had always kicked off with a prayer, but in June the U.S. Supreme Court ruled that the practice violated the separation of church and state. Now the issuewhich has turned neighbor against neighbor and provoked some decidedly un-Christian behavior has grown from a local controversy into a national one.
Never Miss a Story
- The One-Time Girlfriend of One of Mexico’s Most Notorious Drug Lords Returns to the Border to Offer Tours
- The Best New Restaurants in Texas for 2020
- In Defense of Renée Zellweger’s Drawl
- Meet the Unruly Clan That Once Ruled the Hill Country
- Dayne’s Craft Barbecue’s “Bacon Brisket” and Sausages Are Worth the Wait