The tragedy of the Von Erichs—the state’s first family of pro wrestling—is well known not just to fans of the sport but to the many groupies who oohed and aahed at the matinee-idol athletes over the years. Still, you haven’t really heard the story until it’s told by the sole surviving sibling, whose eldest son may be the next one to step into the ring.
TM This Week
- Matthew McConaughey and Beyoncé Did More for Texas Than Ted Cruz
- They Accused a Man of Sexual Assault in a Small West Texas Town. That Was Only the Beginning.
- He Rioted at the Capitol. Then for Weeks He Lived in Luxury While Hiding From the FBI.
- The Texas Blackout Is the Story of a Disaster Foretold
- Axis Deer Had Overrun the Hill Country. The Winter Storm Devastated Them.