When the Great Depression put Plennie Wingo’s bustling Abilene cafe out of business, he tried to find fame, fortune, and a sense of meaning the only way he knew how: by embarking on an audacious trip around the world on foot. In reverse.
TM This Week
- Willie Nelson Singing ‘Under Pressure’ With Karen O Is the Duet We Didn’t Know We Needed in 2020
- Jerry Jeff Walker, Remembered by Lyle Lovett, Lucinda Williams, Dan Rather, and Many, Many Others
- The List: The Top 50 Barbecue Joints in Texas
- “It’s the Most Outrageous Thing I’ve Ever Seen. It Makes No Sense.”
- “It’s Going to Start a Civil War”: A Midland School Discards Its Confederate Name