When the Great Depression put Plennie Wingo’s bustling Abilene cafe out of business, he tried to find fame, fortune, and a sense of meaning the only way he knew how: by embarking on an audacious trip around the world on foot. In reverse.
TM This Week
- Matthew McConaughey and Beyoncé Did More for Texas Than Ted Cruz
- He Rioted at the Capitol. Then for Weeks He Lived in Luxury While Hiding From the FBI.
- They Accused a Man of Sexual Assault in a Small West Texas Town. That Was Only the Beginning.
- The Damning History Behind UT’s ‘The Eyes of Texas’ Song
- Axis Deer Had Overrun the Hill Country. The Winter Storm Devastated Them.