A version of this article was first published in SXSWorld Magazine. The film debuted last week at SXSW. The whole of America is in the midst of full-on barbecue worship. Of late that fascination has spread across the globe, and the new stuff looks a whole lot like Texas barbecue.
Sign up for our BBQ Newsletter
- The Houston Years of George Floyd
- How King Ranch Casserole Has Ruled During the Pandemic
- “I Can’t Believe This Is America”: On the Front Lines With the Volunteers Tending to Austin’s Injured Protesters
- How the Pandemic Turned Brené Brown Into America’s Therapist
- In Amarillo, a Mexican Restaurant Named ‘Big Beaners’ Provokes Controversy