Rose Diamond once ruled the world of smoked turkey. In 1938, customers in New York, Miami, and Hollywood enjoyed her smoked turkeys shipped out from her Fort Worth home. According to The Claude News, they brined for at least ten days before being smoked in a brick pit in Diamond’s…
- The Damning History Behind UT’s ‘The Eyes of Texas’ Song
- “It’s the Most Outrageous Thing I’ve Ever Seen. It Makes No Sense.”
- Jerry Jeff Walker, Remembered by Lyle Lovett, Lucinda Williams, Dan Rather, and Many, Many Others
- The Early Voting Numbers in Texas Are Bonkers. Here’s What That Does and Doesn’t Tell Us.
- The Late Johnny Bush on How He Wrote Willie Nelson’s Perennial Show Opener, ‘Whiskey River’