A reader forwarded me this note comparing Shorty’s BBQ to Pecan Lodge in Dallas. “At Shorty’s, you don’t have to wait and they don’t run out of food, AND the beef is just as good.” I’d seen the prominent signs for Shorty’s on Highway 80 east of Dallas*, but this…
- The Damning History Behind UT’s ‘The Eyes of Texas’ Song
- Axis Deer Had Overrun the Hill Country. The Winter Storm Devastated Them.
- Matthew McConaughey and Beyoncé Did More for Texas Than Ted Cruz
- Barbecue Joint Owners Aren’t Happy About the End of the Mask Mandate in Texas
- He Rioted at the Capitol. Then for Weeks He Lived in Luxury While Hiding From the FBI.