An exclusive excerpt from The Midnight Assassin: Panic, Scandal, and the Hunt for America's First Serial Killer reveals a forgotten time in Austin history, when a series of brutal, unsolved slayings terrified officials and left them wondering if a madman was on the loose.
You'll Love Our Emails
- The Houston Years of George Floyd
- The Hero Myth of Houston Police Chief Art Acevedo
- “I Can’t Believe This Is America”: On the Front Lines With the Volunteers Tending to Austin’s Injured Protesters
- In Amarillo, a Mexican Restaurant Named “Big Beaners” Provokes Controversy
- How King Ranch Casserole Has Ruled During the Pandemic