Meanwhile, in Texas . . .
Some crazy stuff went down last month. Here are a handful of headlines you may have missed.
- A San Antonio couple who had been married for 58 years passed away within hours of each other while holding hands.
- Four Mongolian judges bought cowboy hats and ate barbecue while visiting McAllen on a trip to observe the American judicial system.
- Police arrested a man in Dallas who stole an ambulance and drove to Jack in the Box because he was hungry.
- Miss Corpus Christi Latina was stripped of her title after pageant officials discovered she had a criminal record.
- Residents in Tyler expressed concern that Pokémon Go players were invading local cemeteries.
- The obituary for a Houston woman claimed that her death was partly caused by the 2016 presidential campaign.
- The City of Belton banned water balloons from a local splash pad after little pieces of rubber were found to have clogged the filter system.
- The state euthanized dozens of ducks and geese that had overrun an Odessa park.
- Brownsville firefighters were able to save a chihuahua from a melting kennel inside a burning home.
- Customs officers seized the skull of an endangered African elephant at the Anzalduas International Bridge.
- A 102-year-old Arlington woman renewed her driver’s license for another two years.