Meanwhile, in Texas . . .
Some crazy stuff went down in the past thirty days. Here are a handful of headlines you may have missed.
- A pair of seven-year-old San Antonio twins used a toy snake to beat the man who had stolen the car they were in until he let them go.
- An Alvin mother who bit the ear off a dog that was attacking her two-year-old daughter told a news station, “I would do the same thing [to] a human being.”
- A man who pleaded guilty to criminal mischief after being caught peeing on the Alamo was sentenced to eighteen months in jail.
- A Killeen dog that went missing for several days was found in Ohio and returned to its owners.
- Dallas police ticketed a man for “obscene display or distribution” after he emailed Texas Workforce Solutions a job application accompanied by a picture of his penis.
- Longview soldier Ricky Glenn Henderson flew home from Afghanistan to donate the majority of his liver to his dying grandfather.
- A Lufkin woman was arrested after calling police to complain that her dealer refused to refund her money after she objected to the quality of marijuana she had recently purchased.
- Willie Nelson’s onstage mascot, a stuffed armadillo, was stolen during a fan meet-and-greet in Nevada and thenquietly returned the next day in a shoebox.