Meanwhile, in Texas . . .
Some crazy stuff went down in Texas in the past thirty days. Here are some of the headlines you may have missed.
- A Carrollton woman ran inside a burning home and rescued her neighbor’s seven-year-old son.
- The City of Waco used a hawk named Tiberius to fend off grackles downtown.
- A Montgomery County man allegedly smashed a constable patrol car’s windows with a toilet lid and then passed out in the car’s backseat.
- Nineteen cows were killed by a lightning strike near Hallsville.
- A Houston funeral director was accused of taking selfies with occupied caskets and hearses.
- The Midland Petroleum Museum’s pet tortoise, Mikey, was returned two days after he was apparently stolen.
- A McLennan County man was convicted of aggravated sexual assault after being tricked into confessing by a female law enforcement officer he had molested years earlier.
- In the middle of a concert, Bruce Springsteen invited a Texas A&M student to jam with him onstage.
- A Fort Worth woman gave birth to her third set of twins.
- An SUV rolled into Corpus Christi Bay after the driver jumped out of the vehicle because a mouse had brushed up against her leg.
- A six-eleven, 334-pound sophomore suited up for a high school football team in Wellington.
- A Dallas barbershop commissioned an artist to paint a mural of Lee Harvey Oswald on its building.