- Residents of Von Ormy protested after a new strip club opened next to a school bus stop.
- Euless actress Sarah Shahi was tapped by CBS to play Nancy Drew in a new television update of the famous detective.
- A Montgomery County septuagenarian led law enforcement on a 38-mile, low-speed chase that continued even after spike strips blew out all four of her car’s tires.
- A family in Rogers was saved by its nine-week-old Great Pyrenees puppy, which alerted them to a fire that eventually destroyed their house.
- Two Dallas mothers were jailed on $1,500 bond after being accused of stealing two hot dogs, milkshakes, and an Icee from a Louisiana convenience store.
- The dog tag of an American soldier who was killed on Okinawa during World War II was returned to his nephew in Victoria.
- Residents of an East Austin neighborhood held a “meow-morial” for a recently deceased local cat named after Johnny Cash.
- The operators of the nation’s fastest toll road, Texas Highway 130, filed for bankruptcy.
- A Tyler resident made the local newscast after he said that fossils he found in his aunt’s front lawn were relics from Noah’s flood.
Meanwhile, in Texas . . .
Some crazy stuff went down in Texas in the past thirty days. Here are some of the headlines you may have missed.