1. What was Annie Oakley’s home state?
2. What was Annie Oakley’s real name?
a. Cynthia Ann Parker
b. Phoebe Ann Moses
c. Sallie Ann Reynolds
d. Dorothy Ann Willis
3. Which of the following statements does not apply to Lizzie Johnson Williams, who ranched in Travis County in the 1870’s and 1880’s?
a. She was a former schoolteacher and accountant.
b. She made her husband sign a prenuptial agreement to keep their cattle-raising profits separate.
c. She accompanied her cattle up the Chisholm trail every year for eleven years.
d. She was killed by a stray bullet during a bank robbery in Austin in 1923.
4. What was the name of the girlfriend of larger-than-life folklore hero Pecos Bill?
a. Slewfoot Sue
b. Six-shooter Sue
c. Sidesaddle Sue
d. Sioux City Sue
5. Which pair of famous men are generally credited with popularizing the term “cowgirl”?
a. Buffalo Bill Cody and George Armstrong Custer
b. Tom Mix and Gene Autry
c. Teddy Roosevelt and Will Rogers
d. John Wayne and John Ford
6. The Girl’s Rodeo Association, now the Women’s Professional Rodeo Association, was the first all-female rodeo organization. In what year was it formed?
7. What is the most popular sport of women’s professional rodeo?
a. bronc riding
b. steer wrestling
c. bull riding
d. barrel racing
8. In the twenties, which of the following Texans won the title of all-around champion cowgirl for eight years in a row at New York City’s famous Madison Square Garden rodeo?
a. Susanna Dickinson
b. Hallie Stillwell
c. Tad Lucas
d. Molly Goodnight
9. Which of the following is not a former Texas celebrity?
a. nightclub owner Texas Guinan
b. trick roper Texas Rose Bascom
c. stripper Texana Brand
d. singer Texas Ruby Owens
10. Which of the following songs was the first by a female country and western singer to sell a million copies?
a. Patsy Montana’s “I Want to Be a Cowboy’s Sweetheart”
b. Dale Evans’ “Happy Trails”
c. Patsy Cline’s “I Fall to Pieces”
d. Kitty Wells’ “It Wasn’t God Who Made Honky-Tonk Angels”
11. What was the name of Dale Evans’ horse on the TV show she starred in with Roy Rogers in the fifties?
12. Which of the following movies is not about a gun-totin’ cowgirl?
a. Johnny Belinda, starring Jane Wyman (1948)
b. The Maverick Queen, starring Barbara Stanwyck (1956)
c. Cat Ballou, starring Jane Fonda (1965)
d. Hannie Caulder, starring Raquel Welch (1971)