Ten Texas films—selected from over 12,000 submissions— were screened at Sundance this year, so it’s no surprise a Texas-size celebration was held to honor these filmmakers and their films. The Texas party, hosted by the Austin Film Society and Texas Monthly, attracted a large and avid crowd of filmmakers, celebrities, and moviegoers at Cisero’s Ristorante on Main Street. Guests were invited to mix and mingle with the honorees including Richard Linklater (Before Midnight), David Lowery (Ain’t Them Bodies Saints), Jeff Nichols (Mud), Yen Tan (Pit Stop), Hannah Fidell (A Teacher), Kat Candler (Black Metal), Andrew Bujalski (Computer Chess), Robert Rodriquez (El Mariachi), Bastian Günther (Houston), and David Gordon Green (Prince Avalanche).
- The Best New Restaurants in Texas for 2020
- The One-Time Girlfriend of One of Mexico’s Most Notorious Drug Lords Returns to the Border to Offer Tours
- Meet the Unruly Clan That Once Ruled the Hill Country
- Dayne’s Craft Barbecue’s “Bacon Brisket” and Sausages Are Worth the Wait
- The Dallas Gym That Time Forgot