Since 1973, Texas Monthly has chronicled life in contemporary Texas, reporting on vital issues such as politics, criminal justice, the environment, industry, and education. Often referred to as “the National Magazine of Texas,” Texas Monthly is known for smart, literary journalism and in-depth investigative reporting that illuminates issues of public policy and drives the discussion of what’s important in the Lone Star State. Additionally, Texas Monthly continues to be the indispensable authority on the Texas scene, covering music, the arts, travel, restaurants, museums, and cultural events with its insightful recommendations.
Texas Monthly is a division of Emmis Communications and offers a strong benefits package, including competitive health, dental, and life insurance. If you are interested in employment opportunities at Texas Monthly, please visit the Careers tab at www.emmis.com. If no current positions are available, you may complete an application online, and it will be kept on file. All other inquires may be emailed to [email protected].
NO RELOCATION AVAILABLE. NO PHONE CALLS OR WALK-INS ACCEPTED.
NATIONAL MARKETING MANAGER
Texas Monthly is seeking a creative, resourceful, highly organized, and detail-oriented individual who will be responsible for the strategy, development, and activation of integrated marketing programs, added-value initiatives, and events for national advertisers. Client categories may include automotive, spirits, retail, beauty/fragrance, liquor, business/financial, and travel. To be a successful member of the Texas Monthly marketing team, the candidate must exhibit excellent communication and writing skills and the ability to successfully manage multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
- Conceptualize, develop, and write compelling, multiplatform marketing proposals based on client objectives
- Create and implement advertiser-specific marketing programs, from conception through execution
- Manage budgets, timelines, vendor relationships, execution, and post-program follow-through for advertiser events/programs
- Accompany sales reps and/or marketing management on client calls to present marketing platforms and advertiser-specific opportunities
- Coordinate creative brainstorms with internal teams to concept custom marketing solutions and added-value opportunities for advertisers
- Research and develop relationships with strategic organizations and vendors to enhance a portfolio of cross-promotional opportunities for the brand
Successful candidates will possess the following skills/abilities:
- Strong creative skills and experience developing compelling multiplatform marketing programs
- Superior organizational and time-management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously under tight deadlines
- Proven track record of accuracy and attention to detail
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum of 4 to 5 years media marketing experience with event planning and execution experience required
- Fluent in Microsoft Office applications
- Established relationships with Texas arts and nonprofit organizations preferred
Click here to apply for this position.
Internships are available each semester (fall, spring, and summer). All internships are unpaid and available only to undergraduate students enrolled in an accredited academic program at the time of the internship. Internship applications will only be considered if you are seeking an internship for credit or if you receive approval via a signed “Educational Endorsement” form from your university. For students at the University of Texas, only internships for credit will be considered. All internships include a 20 percent job shadowing experience. If you are interested in gaining valuable experience in any of the departments listed below, please send a résumé and cover letter specifying the department(s) in which you would like to intern:
P.O. BOX 1569
Fax to: 512-476-9007
Email to: [email protected]
EMMIS COMMUNICATIONS/TEXAS MONTHLY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER