Since 1973, Texas Monthly has chronicled life in contemporary Texas, reporting on vital issues such as politics, criminal justice, the environment, industry, and education. Often referred to as “the National Magazine of Texas,” Texas Monthly is known for smart, literary journalism and in-depth investigative reporting that illuminates issues of public policy and drives the discussion of what’s important in the Lone Star State. Additionally, Texas Monthly continues to be the indispensable authority on the Texas scene, covering music, the arts, travel, restaurants, museums, and cultural events with its insightful recommendations.
Texas Monthly offers a strong benefits package, including competitive health, dental, and life insurance. If you are interested in employment opportunities at Texas Monthly, please email a cover letter and resume to [email protected].
Sales Account Manager – Houston, Texas
Texas Monthly has an immediate opportunity for a highly motivated and experienced Account Manager to drive sales revenue for Texas Monthly within the Houston market. This role will be responsible for prospecting new business and growing pre-existing accounts with customized 360 degree solutions across print, digital, social, video, and experiential platforms at Texas Monthly. The ideal candidate will have an in-depth understanding of the current media landscape, will have established relationships with senior marketers at local brands and agencies, and high level of comfort with networking and securing long-term partnerships in Houston.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Manage an existing portfolio of accounts with a focus on growth and development
- Prospect and develop new business by cultivating high-level client relationships with a focus on consultative selling
- Manage and maintain client relationships from initial contact through campaign completion
- Work with Research and Marketing teams to create client proposals and solutions based on an in-depth knowledge of the client, the market place, and Texas Monthly’s products
- Meet and exceed all sales quotas and goals as set by leadership
- Attend weekly sales meetings and regular education opportunities
- Report regularly to leadership on sales pipeline and partnership progress
- Serve as a Texas Monthly ambassador within the Houston community by attending targeted events and continually networking
Successful candidates will possess the following skills/abilities:
- Highly- driven and goal-oriented
- Self-motivated and with an ability to exercise independent judgment and solve problems while still able to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Personable with superb people skills and a professional demeanor
- Excellent presentation skills and a clear understanding of PowerPoint and Excel
- Ability to understand and sell complex ideas across multiple media platforms
- Ability to develop and deliver sales presentations and negotiate contracts based on the needs of the client
- Very strong organizational and time-management skills
- Additional skills required include strategizing, marketing, networking and researching
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3+ years sales experience, preferably in a media or agency environment
- A clear understanding of current media trends on a local, regional, and national level
- Strong persuasive verbal and written communication skills
If you are a qualified candidate and interested in this position we encourage you to apply. Please email a cover letter and resume to [email protected] with the job title and job location in the subject line.
NO PHONE CALLS OR WALK-INS ACCEPTED. TEXAS MONTHLY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER.
Internships are available each semester (fall, spring, and summer). All internships are unpaid and available only to undergraduate students enrolled in an accredited academic program at the time of the internship. Internship applications will only be considered if you are seeking an internship for credit or if you receive approval via a signed “Educational Endorsement” form from your university. For students at the University of Texas, only internships for credit will be considered. All internships include a 20 percent job-shadowing experience. If you are interested in gaining valuable experience in any of the departments listed below, please send a résumé and cover letter specifying the department(s) in which you would like to intern:
P.O. BOX 1569
Fax to: 512-476-9007
Email to: [email protected]