Jobs and Internships
Since 1973, Texas Monthly has chronicled life in contemporary Texas, reporting on vital issues such as politics, criminal justice, the environment, industry, and education. Often referred to as “the National Magazine of Texas,” Texas Monthly is known for smart, literary journalism and in-depth investigative reporting that illuminates issues of public policy and drives the discussion of what’s important in the Lone Star State. Additionally, Texas Monthly continues to be the indispensable authority on the Texas scene, covering music, the arts, travel, restaurants, museums, and cultural events with its insightful recommendations.
Texas Monthly is a division of Emmis Communications and offers a strong benefits package, including competitive health, dental, and life insurance. If you are interested in employment opportunities at Texas Monthly, please visit the Careers tab at www.emmis.com. If no current positions are available, you may complete an application online, and it will be kept on file. All other inquires may be emailed to [email protected].
NO RELOCATION AVAILABLE. NO PHONE CALLS OR WALK-INS ACCEPTED.
SALES RESOURCE SPECIALIST
Texas Monthly is seeking a highly organized, hardworking, and detail-oriented individual to support the efforts of the executive sales management team and its local account managers. To be a successful member of the Texas Monthly sales team, the candidate must excel at multi-tasking and taking initiative and have excellent communication skills. The candidate must also be able to establish priorities and organize workloads in a fast-paced environment.
- Provide high-level administrative support to the executive sales management team and the local account managers
- Collect, track, and report advertising sales
- Help sales team prospect and generate leads
- Assist with creating/completing client RFPs and proposals
- Communicate with clients to ensure the production deadlines are met
- Manage, route, and confirm receipt of insertion orders and contracts
- Coordinate trade show participation
- Create and maintain all sales boards, call schedules, and sales contest boards
- Recruit and supervise sales interns
- Plan, coordinate, and manage department meetings and events
- Prepare sales materials for client meetings and presentations
- Maintain and track sales promotion collateral inventory
- Manage sales database and execute monthly advance copy mailings
Successful candidates will possess the following skills/abilities:
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously under tight deadlines
- Proven track record of accuracy, attention to detail, and impeccable follow-through
- Ability to support multiple individuals in a fast-paced environment
- Bachelor’s degree
- 2 to 3 years of experience; understanding of and support at the executive level preferred; publishing experience a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications a must
- Knowledge of HTML preferred
Click here to apply for this position.
Internships are available each semester (fall, spring, and summer). All internships are unpaid and available only to undergraduate students enrolled in an accredited academic program at the time of the internship. Internship applications will only be considered if you are seeking an internship for credit or if you receive approval via a signed “Educational Endorsement” form from your university. For students at the University of Texas, only internships for credit will be considered. All internships include a 20 percent job shadowing experience. If you are interested in gaining valuable experience in any of the departments listed below, please send a résumé and cover letter specifying the department(s) in which you would like to intern:
P.O. BOX 1569
Fax to: 512-476-9007
Email to: [email protected]
EMMIS COMMUNICATIONS/TEXAS MONTHLY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER