Jobs and Internships
Since 1973, Texas Monthly has chronicled life in contemporary Texas, reporting on vital issues such as politics, criminal justice, the environment, industry, and education. Often referred to as “the National Magazine of Texas,” Texas Monthly is known for smart, literary journalism and in-depth investigative reporting that illuminates issues of public policy and drives the discussion of what’s important in the Lone Star State. Additionally, Texas Monthly continues to be the indispensable authority on the Texas scene, covering music, the arts, travel, restaurants, museums, and cultural events with its insightful recommendations.
Texas Monthly is a division of Emmis Communications and offers a strong benefits package, including competitive health, dental, and life insurance. If you are interested in employment opportunities at Texas Monthly, please visit the Careers tab at www.emmis.com. If no current positions are available, you may complete an application online, and it will be kept on file. All other inquires may be emailed to [email protected].
Texas Monthly is seeking an energetic, detail oriented, highly confident, hardworking, and self-motivated individual to join our accounting team. To be a successful member of the accounting team, the Credit Coordinator needs to be professional, ethical and able to multitask.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Credit and collections for Texas Monthly, our ancillary titles (70+ Custom Publishing) and our interactive websites (10)
- Monthly magazine ad closing and credit applications for Texas Monthly, ancillary titles and interactive websites
- Running monthly credit cards and posting cash to MSG daily
- Quarterly audits, weekly deposits, 90 day and other monthly reporting
- Working with account executives and sales partners on new and past due accounts
Successful candidates will possess the following skills/abilities:
- Strong persuasive communication skills
- Exercise independent judgment and handle variety of duties
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- Proven track record of accuracy to detail and timeliness
- Maintain confidentiality
- Research problems and provide solutions to clients and staff
- Proficiency in Power Point, Excel, and Word preferred
- The ideal candidate will have a business degree, with a major in accounting or finance
- 2 years’ experience preferred
Click here to apply for this position.
NO RELOCATION AVAILABLE. NO PHONE CALLS OR WALK-INS ACCEPTED.
Internships are available each semester (fall, spring, and summer). All internships are unpaid and available only to undergraduate students enrolled in an accredited academic program at the time of the internship. Internship applications will only be considered if you are seeking an internship for credit or if you receive approval via a signed “Educational Endorsement” form from your university. For students at the University of Texas, only internships for credit will be considered. All internships include a 20 percent job shadowing experience. If you are interested in gaining valuable experience in any of the departments listed below, please send a résumé and cover letter specifying the department(s) in which you would like to intern:
P.O. BOX 1569
Fax to: 512-476-9007
Email to: [email protected]
EMMIS COMMUNICATIONS/TEXAS MONTHLY IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER