Articles by Beverly Lowry
THE DECLINE AND FALL OF LUNAR ROYALTY IT WASN’T EXACTLY ONE GIANT step for womankind, but from all reports this was one exploration NASA’s Director Christopher Columbus Kraft found not worth smiling about. Odds are that 1973’s Lunar Landing Festival Beauty Contest was not only the first such endeavor by…
THANKS FOR THE MEMORIES PERSONALS—SEVEN-STORY BUILDING ON well-traveled Dallas corner. Within easy walking distance of County Courthouse, John F. Kennedy Memorial, Dealey Plaza. Once used to store books; now empty. Has potential for use as historical museum, or can be torn down and land converted to other use. Need advice…
TM This Week
- The Damning History Behind UT’s ‘The Eyes of Texas’ Song
- The Early Voting Numbers in Texas Are Bonkers. Here’s What That Does and Doesn’t Tell Us.
- “It’s the Most Outrageous Thing I’ve Ever Seen. It Makes No Sense.”
- The Late Johnny Bush on How He Wrote Willie Nelson’s Perennial Show Opener, ‘Whiskey River’
- Why Is American Airlines So Infuriating?