This is a shadow of a Man. A dream within a dream. Photo by Adam Voorhes When this is a porker Photo by CW…
Articles by [email protected]
Five years ago Hurricane Ike wreaked havoc along 120 miles of the state's shoreline. In its aftermath, Rice University researchers helped create an innovative plan in which the natural coast can be both a protection from future storms and a boon to the state economy.
Two Rice University professors find a way to multiply their prize money and their research to help save premature infants.
This year, faculty at Rice will teach almost two dozen free online courses to thousands of students and teachers around the world as part of a movement to make higher education more accessible. What's in it for Rice students in Houston and beyond?
Forty years ago, as the very first issue of Texas Monthly was being put together by Bill Broyles & Co., Life magazine folded. Though it would later resume publication (before finally folding again in 2007), and though it continues on today as a pretty…
TM This Week
- Texans You Should Know: How a Black Cowboy’s Discovery Changed the Field of Archaeology
- Meet the Carrion-Craving Falcon That’s Taking Over Texas
- I Live in the Middle of Nowhere. I Still Got COVID.
- Matthew McConaughey Said He’d Consider Running for Texas Governor, so We Wrote His Political Platform
- The Ultimate Texas Tacopedia