Everyone knew Willie could write great songs and sing them too. But no one—except Willie, of course—believed he could masterfully cover Gershwin and Ellington.
Articles by Ted Gioia
Willie Nelson, Interpreter of the Great American Songbook
TM This Week
- The Damning History Behind UT’s ‘The Eyes of Texas’ Song
- The Early Voting Numbers in Texas Are Bonkers. Here’s What That Does and Doesn’t Tell Us.
- The Late Johnny Bush on How He Wrote Willie Nelson’s Perennial Show Opener, ‘Whiskey River’
- Why Is American Airlines So Infuriating?
- “It’s the Most Outrageous Thing I’ve Ever Seen. It Makes No Sense.”