The Grammy-nominated Houston rapper’s confrontational, irreverent debut album feels like an apt fit for the year we’ve had.
Articles by Kiana Fitzgerald
Aug 17, 2020 — By Kiana Fitzgerald
These distinct initiatives embody something I long wished for while studying at a predominantly white Texas university: a community of color connected through creativity.
Aug 4, 2020 — By Kiana Fitzgerald
The new visual album features a potent through-line of ancestral guidance—one that caused me to reflect on my own relationship with forebears.
Jul 18, 2020 — By Kiana Fitzgerald
A viral smash on TikTok, the song is part of a club music lineage that exists for the sole purpose of getting people moving.
Apr 30, 2020 — By Kiana Fitzgerald
When the Houston artists released the song, a benefit for COVID-19 relief efforts in their hometown, social media came to a near-standstill.
Mar 25, 2020 — By Kiana Fitzgerald
The 25-year-old singer hails from Houston, yet doesn’t borrow influences from a city that oozes a distinctive musical legacy.
Mar 9, 2020 — By Kiana Fitzgerald
Coming off the heels of a recent label contract dispute, the Houston rapper’s latest effort is both varied and evocative.
Sep 3, 2019 — By Kiana Fitzgerald
‘Look Mom I Can Fly’ traces the rapper’s ascent and his efforts to elevate Third Coast hip-hop.
TM This Week
- Matthew McConaughey and Beyoncé Did More for Texas Than Ted Cruz
- The Texas Blackout Is the Story of a Disaster Foretold
- They Accused a Man of Sexual Assault in a Small West Texas Town. That Was Only the Beginning.
- 13 Curses to Mutter Against Ted Cruz While You Boil Snow to Drink
- He Rioted at the Capitol. Then for Weeks He Lived in Luxury While Hiding From the FBI.