Volunteers across Texas have stepped up to help seniors, non-English speakers, and others in need navigate an opaque system.
Articles by Morgan O'Hanlon
Jan 5, 2021 — By Morgan O'Hanlon
Louise Raggio fought to pass a landmark law that gave equal rights to Texas women.
Dec 8, 2020 — By Morgan O'Hanlon
An estimated 50,000 seniors from northern states are heading to Texas for the warmer weather despite the COVID-19 pandemic.
Dec 3, 2020 — By Morgan O'Hanlon
Rural Texans have long accepted that strips of their land might be acquired to build oil pipelines and highways. But the prospect of a high-speed rail line has sparked a whole different level of outrage.
Nov 13, 2020 — By Morgan O'Hanlon
The stretch of the San Antonio River that runs through the city’s downtown has been off-limits to canoers and kayakers for years—until the pandemic provided a rare opportunity.
Aug 10, 2020 — By Morgan O'Hanlon
A year after the Legislature legalized farming the cannabis variant, big dreams for the new crop are withering.
TM This Week
- Matthew McConaughey and Beyoncé Did More for Texas Than Ted Cruz
- The Texas Blackout Is the Story of a Disaster Foretold
- They Accused a Man of Sexual Assault in a Small West Texas Town. That Was Only the Beginning.
- 13 Curses to Mutter Against Ted Cruz While You Boil Snow to Drink
- He Rioted at the Capitol. Then for Weeks He Lived in Luxury While Hiding From the FBI.