In his new memoir, the former chief of emergency medicine at Brackenridge Hospital recounts stories that are by turns tragic, triumphant, and NSFW.
Articles by Rich Oppel
‘Letters From the Pit’ Tells Tales From an Austin ER With Humor and Empathy
Meet the Texas Republican Going After the House Foreign Affairs Committee Chairmanship
Sep 26, 2018 — By Rich Oppel
Michael McCaul, the chairman of the House Homeland Security Committee, shares his views on some of the world’s biggest political hot spots.
Experience the Best of Texas—and Texas Monthly—at Our Second-Annual Edge of Texas Weekend
Aug 22, 2018 — By Rich Oppel
Join us in Dallas on September 7th and 8th.
Never Miss a Story
- The Best New Restaurants in Texas for 2020
- The One-Time Girlfriend of One of Mexico’s Most Notorious Drug Lords Returns to the Border to Offer Tours
- Meet the Unruly Clan That Once Ruled the Hill Country
- The Dallas Gym That Time Forgot
- Dayne’s Craft Barbecue’s “Bacon Brisket” and Sausages Are Worth the Wait