From NBC: the results of the most recent NBC News/Wall Street Journal poll. In the survey, 46% of independents approve of Obama’s job, which is down from 60% in April, and that’s the primary reason why the president’s overall job rating has declined five points to 56%. The deficit, however, isn’t the only problematic issue for Obama. Almost seven in 10 have serious reservations about the government’s ownership of GM, and 52% oppose closing Gitmo.
Sign up for the Armadillo
Weekly dispatches from the middle of the road of Texas politics.
- For Years, an East Texas Carpenter Has Been Building a Gothic Contraption of Decks and Spikes in a Historic Square
- How the Pandemic Turned Brené Brown Into America’s Therapist
- The Dr. Fauci of South Texas
- The Secret History of the Texas Rangers
- More Colorful Texas Sayings Than You Can Shake a Stick At
- Dallas-Area High School Seniors Cope With a Semester—and Rites of Passage—Cut Short
- How Houston’s Museum of Fine Arts Planned Its Reopening
- José Ralat Believes the Taco Is Pandemic-Proof
- Priya Krishna’s Quarantine Journal, Entry No. 12: Our DIY Graduation Ceremony
- A Taste Test of Unusual Texas Barbecue Sauces