Note to readers: The letter in the post that follows this one was sent to me by a Perry supporter. It was undated. The Hutchison campaign has contacted me to say that the letter was dated in late October 26 and carried the information that it was paid for by the Perry campaign. I am awaiting a verifying e-mail from the Hutchison campaign and a phone call from the Perry campaign. The Hutchison campaign also said that the letter had been previously reported, and I found a link to a Wayne Slater appearance on WFAA-TV. However, the article was no longer available. In any event, Hutchison is clearly running, having resolved the issue of whether she would resign her office, and will be going up on radio in the immediate future, according to a campaign spokesman, so I’m taking the bet of whether she makes the race off the board.
News & Politics
Our latest stories and analysis, sent to your inbox each week.
- Can Chip Roy Hold Off the Democratic Shift in Suburban San Antonio and Austin? By Dan Solomon
- Who Is Austin’s Citizen Police Academy Meant to Serve? By Leif Reigstad
- Democrats Narrowly Lost the Twenty-fourth Congressional District in 2018. Can Candace Valenzuela Win It in This Cycle? By Dan Solomon
- Rita Clements, The Power Behind a Governor, Dies at 86 By R.G. Ratcliffe
- U.S. Immigration Director Threatens to Jail Elected Officials in Sanctuary Cities By R.G. Ratcliffe