That decision was made at the Republican caucus that ended a short while ago. Republicans will be polite, allow Democrats to debate, but if it appears that the D’s are chubbing or using other dilatory tactics, Republicans are prepared to move the previous question. Part of the problem is that Perry dumped two emergency bills that were sure to stimulate prolonged debate with two weeks to go in the session, causing the House calendar to coagulate. Part of the problem is that the House was slow to appoint committees and to move bills, for the second session in a row. Everyone should know by now that in February it seems as if there is all the time in the world, and then sometime around April 1, it seems as if it is too late to do anything.
- The Eyes of Texas Were Upon Jimmy Fallon’s ‘Tonight Show’
- Let’s All Hope Tony Buzbee Drank a Lot of Water Last Night
- The National Media Hilariously Misunderstands Texas Geography
- The Only Texas Chili Recipe You’ll Ever Need
- Texas Counties Are Declaring Themselves ‘Second Amendment Sanctuaries.’ But What Does That Mean, Exactly?