Here is one scenario: Torres defeats Hinojosa; Davis loses her Senate race; Democrats lose two seats; Republicans have 21 votes in the Senate. Another scenario: Torres’s candidacy raises Democratic enthusiasm, swells Democratic turnout, helping Abel Herrero defeat Connie Scott and turnout helps D’s in other key local races. The main thing for Democrats is not to challenge Todd Hunter. That would be a fatal error. I doubt that they would make that mistake. What will TLR do? Hinojosa has worked with Republicans in the past. But the prospect of a 2/3 majority may be too much to resist.
- Inside the Story of How H-E-B Planned for the Pandemic
- Joe Exotic: A Dark Journey Into the World of a Man Gone Wild
- “It’s Going to Be Three Months of Purgatory—If We’re Lucky”
- Texas Anti-Vaxxers Fear Mandatory COVID-19 Vaccines More Than the Virus Itself
- U.S. Hospitals Have a Ventilator Shortage. A Team of Rice Engineers Say They Have a Solution.