Articles by Jennifer Olsen
Apr 30, 2002 — By Jennifer Olsen
Banh, the Bomb Wondering where to find a bánh mì, the small, tasty Vietnamese sandwich you’ve been hearing about lately? It’s gaining a following among folks outside the Asian community. Typically served on a split, toasted baguette, this morsel is spread with mayonnaise and pork pté and then piled with…
Feb 1, 2002 — By Jennifer Olsen
SALAD DAYS For most of the past decade, Caesar has been the in salad. We think the Cobb salad is the new Caesar. Created in 1926 by Bob Cobb, the owner of the Brown Derby in Los Angeles, the salad began as a way to use up leftovers in the…
Summer’s blast furnace is firing up. Luckily, Texas is a paradise of spring-fed pools, sparkling beaches, and more. Here are our picks for the best places to chill out, get wet, and go off the deep end. Plus extra web-only information!
TM This Week
- Matthew McConaughey and Beyoncé Did More for Texas Than Ted Cruz
- He Rioted at the Capitol. Then for Weeks He Lived in Luxury While Hiding From the FBI.
- They Accused a Man of Sexual Assault in a Small West Texas Town. That Was Only the Beginning.
- The Damning History Behind UT’s ‘The Eyes of Texas’ Song
- Axis Deer Had Overrun the Hill Country. The Winter Storm Devastated Them.