Urban refugees fleeing high-tech Dallas have created ersatz rural communities in the nearby countryside. This isolated, pastoral life sometimes erupts into adultery and murder.
Articles by Jim Atkinson
Candy Montgomery thought her affair with Allan Gore was over, until she found herself fighting for her life against Allan’s wife.
San Antonio's Marshevet Hooker is not just any old high school sprinter; she's an Olympic gold medalist in the making. Meet her and nine other women we're betting will lead the new Texas—and the world.
Mar 1, 2005 — By Jim Atkinson
It turns out that the toxin that’s changed a million faces has a social conscience after all. The wonders of Botox, a concentrated form of botulinum toxin, have been touted ad nauseam: By paralyzing facial muscles, it was smoothing out Hollywood’s wrinkles long before the FDA approved it, in 2002.
Mar 1, 2004 — By Jim Atkinson
How do you know when a child molester is cured? Are you willing to take his word for it? David Wayne Jones hopes so. Thirteen years ago he was convicted of preying on little boys at the East Dallas YMCA, but he could soon be out of jail and back on the street. Your street.
Never Miss a Story
- Taco Cabana Closes 19 Locations in Texas
- Hollywood, Texas: Renée Zellweger’s Texas Accent Confounds the World
- A Houston Chiropractor’s Spine-Tingling YouTube Videos Have Earned Him an Army of ‘Crack Addicts’—and Controversy
- The Doctor, the Dentist, and the Killer
- Taco Stop in Dallas Receives Hate Mail in Response to Owner’s Charity